Attend an Event
The Clay Ball
Clayworks BASH 2015
Saturday, May 2, 2015, 6-9PM
5707 SMITH AVE, BALTIMORE, MD 21209
The Clayworks Bash is springing forward to a new time in the Baltimore Clayworks event calendar! Join us on Saturday, May 2, 2015, 6PM at Baltimore Clayworks, located 5707 Smith Ave, Baltimore, MD 21209! Gala guests can expect the continuation of our 2-part event; our gala portion featuring a silent auction, live auction and delicious food and drink provided by Chef’s Expressions. This year, Clayworks will swing into spring by taking the garden party theme to a new level – ladies wear your latest floral print dress and vibrant colored accessories; gents find your bow ties with blooms and seersucker slacks to welcome the season. Your ticket price directly benefits the ongoing programs and initiatives Clayworks provides through the year at Mt. Washington and throughout surrounding Baltimore City neighborhoods!
Full Gala Experience- $150*, begins at 6PM and includes gourmet food stations, open bar, live and silent auctions!
Interested in making a bigger impact? Sponsorships start at $500. Connect with Emily Sollenberger Dobbins for more information at email@example.com or 410.578.1919 x19 for more details.
As we move forward through our 35th year, Baltimore Clayoworks is pleased to honor our PAST BOARD PRESIDENTS at this year’s gala. This tremendous group of leaders contributed to the legacy of the organization – we would not be a leader in the ceramic and community arts without their guidance. Joining us will be Henry Koether, Judith Langenthal, Marcia Mattingly, Robert Nickols, Nancy Sandbower, John Smith.
Master of Ceremonies
Tracey Leong joined WJZ Eyewitness News in July 2014 as a general assignment reporter. Her journalism career began in Southern California where she was born and raised where she anchored and reported at KIEM in Eureka, Calif. and KRCR in Redding, Calif. Tracey has also worked on "Late Night With Conan O'Brien”.
The talented chef, Jerry Edwards and his staff of CHEF’S EXPRESSIONS will be catering the gourmet food stations and hors d’oeuvres at this year’s event. Here’s a quick glance of what to expect:
Place your bid on ceramics, jewelry, artwork, experiences and much more! More than 100 art pieces by acclaimed artists – many of which exhibited at the 2015 ACC show in Baltimore! There are also dozens of non-art items which include gift certificates for sensational experiences and services.
Get your paddles ready! Charles Billig of A.J. Billig Co. Auctioneers will lead the bidding on this year’s live auction featuring a wonderful selection of unique experiences, trips and more!
- Seascape painting by Baltimore painter, Raoul Middleman, “Gull on the Rocks” oil on canvas, 19x19”, 1979
- Personal Guided Tour of The Johns Hopkins University Archaeological Museum from Curator/Conservator, Sanchita Balachandran and Clayworks’ Resident Artist, Matthew Hyleck.
- Culture Package that includes passes, tickets, memberships, works from local artists and makers + more! There is plenty to see and do in Baltimore and this package will allow you to take advantage of many great places!
- Week-long stay in New York City apartment! This posh apartment sleeps 5 and is located between Central Park and Riverside Park, this home is close to many of the city’s best attractions, museums, restaurants and more!
- Week-long getaway to a beautiful mountain home just 3 hours from Baltimore. This lovely, art-filled place sleeps up to 12 and is situated on 120 private acres of woods and streams, great hiking trails near PA State Parks and the popular Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece, Falling Water.
Year of Dining Raffle
It’s back! Your chance of winning 12 gift certificates to some of the best restaurants in the Baltimore area will be at the Clayworks BASH! worth over $1,000!
Raffle Ticket(s) $25 for one/$60 for three*
*Can’t make it to the gala this year and still want to participate? Purchase raffle tickets right now for a chance to win a YEAR OF DINING! A great package of 12 restaurant gift certificates to some of the best spots in the Baltimore area. When you order online, we will add your invoice/receipt number to the raffle. If you buy multiple tickets, your receipt number will be added “x” times to the raffle (ex. Purchase 3 tickets, your receipt no. will be added 3 times).
This year you can expect the following participating restaurants:
- Blue Hill Tavern
Fleet Street Kitchen
Gertrude’s at the BMA
and more to be announced!
Get ready to Swing into Spring at this year’s After Party! The SWINGIN’ SWAMIS will be performing at this year’s event – get your dancing shoes ready! They are well known for a wide range of music including R&B, soul, contemporary pop, jazz, Latin and world rhythm. Noteworthy performances include: The Kennedy Center, Artscape, Baltimore's City Hall, The Horseshoe Casino and The Ram's Head Live (opening for The B-52's).
Many thanks to the dedicated 2015 Clayworks BASH sponsors: